Do You Need Affordable Health Insurance?
You’re not alone! And the good news is affordable health insurance is just a few clicks away. At Vista Health Solutions you can shop the leading health insurance carriers in the country to find affordable health insurance quotes within seconds. Simply enter your information above to get started and we will present the low cost health insurance options available to you.
Our carriers are highly rated and nationally known so that you know your affordable health insurance plan is not a cheap health insurance plan. Instead you can get low cost health insurance premiums on quality coverage. Get started today!
For those NY residents who are eligible, we offer Healthy NY. It’s a state-subsidized health insurance program that is designed to provide coverage to residents who are uninsured. Healthy NY plans are offered by various health insurance carriers. The benefits are streamlined regardless of the chosen carrier. There is an income limit and eligibility requirements that apply. Check our Healthy NY page for more information about the program. Healthy NY offers high deductible health plans (HDHP). Health plans are available to individuals, sole proprietors and small business owners.
To be eligible for the Healthy NY program these are the requirements they should meet:
- you must be a resident of New York state
- if employed, your current employer must not be providing health insurance coverage
- you or your spouse must be currently employed or have been employed sometime within the past 12 months
- you must not be eligible for Medicare
- your income should be within the program’s limit
- you haven’t had coverage in the past 12 months except if your coverage is ending due to the following reasons
- losing your job
- transferring to a new job
- death of a family member
- moving to a new home
- end of a group coverage
- end of coverage from COBRA
- end of coverage from other public health programs
Individuals and families who are not eligible for the Healthy NY plans can apply for another affordable health insurance option – Easy Choice Health Plans. There are no eligibility requirements except that you need to be part of an association called Art for Progress. You don’t have to be an existing member; you can join the association at the same time you apply for coverage. Being part of the association is the reason why the plans can be offered at lower rates.The application process is hassle-free. You can choose among HMO plans with different co-payments.
We also have a lot of affordable health insurance options for the self employed and small business owners (with 1-50 employees). Simply follow the 3 easy steps on our homepage to generate the plans available for you.
There are other public health care programs you can consider when looking for an affordable health insurance coverage.
Medicaid – is a federal health program that provides coverage to Americans who are not financially able to purchase a health insurance coverage. Though federally-funded, it is managed at the state level. You may qualify to apply for this program if:
- your income is within their limit.
- you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- you have high health care bills
If your income is above the limit, you may still apply if you are:
- a child
- disabled persons
- certified blind
- certified disabled
- parent of a child under age 21
- below age 21
- 65 or older
In order to apply for Medicaid you need to have these documents:
- a valid SSN and SSA (Social Security Administration) This should provide the other necessary information like date of birth/age and U.S citizenship.
- If your SSA does not confirm your date of birth/age and U.S citizenship, submit another document that can confirm them
- most recent pay stubs
- proof of income from Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran’s Benefits (VA), retirement
- proof of residence
- if you have another health insurance coverage, submit a coy of your policy card
- proof of Medicare benefit card
Family Health Plus – For those who are not eligible to apply for Medicaid, you may Family Health Plus. It’s a public health insurance program for New York’s single adults; childless couples and parents who are citizens or legal immigrants.
To be eligible to join, you must be between age 19-64; a resident of New York; your income must be within the program limit. The income limit changes annually.
Since Family Health Plus is available only to adults, children may apply for coverage through the Child Health Plus or Children’s Medicaid program. Applicants must be New York state residents and below age 19. Their family’s gross income will determine whether they be covered under Medicaid or Child Health Plus. The family’s income will also determine whether they need to pay premiums or not and how much their premium is.